Creeks and puddles

And you can do that here. Off fishing topic and off the wall subjects and plain bitch sessions. Sometimes you just need to have an outlet. Only registered users can see this forum.
twade
Type in the middle number (1118): 630

Creeks and puddles

Post by twade »

Any word on what the rain did to Big Rock Quarry? Is it opening up? Can't make the drive in time...

I owe some one research in that area.
John S Montgomery

Re: Creeks and puddles

Post by John S Montgomery »

Travis I'll try and get over to the quarry today , Ilive 5 mins from there. Usually it takes more rain to create hell over there. I'm willing to say the lake still might be iced except where the creek is connected. Beatiful area though. :mrgreen:
twade
Type in the middle number (1118): 630

Post by twade »

Thanks John. By the time I get out of the office the park closes, I heard they don't kindly to after hour people.

Some water by me is open, some not. Ponds next to each other differ. So I have no idea what would move the ice over there....
Bryan Blazek

Post by Bryan Blazek »

If you're heading over there, hit me up. Big Rock is one of my favorite places around here. I imagine it is clearing up, Patterson is mostly open now. The Creek there is def. flowing hard, I get most of my fish right on the dam there or in the creek anyway. Might be a good time to drag some tubes in that 70 ft deep water. Ponds and shad lake off Gilman Trail are open, Blackberry Farm is still frozen, but I would blame that on the shade there. Waubonsie Lake is open, as well as other ponds in that area. On that note, I've been fishing jig+craw and XR50's for the past week with no results out here.
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Post by Ken G »

TravisWade wrote:Thanks John. By the time I get out of the office the park closes, I heard they don't kindly to after hour people.
Pshaw.

Park in the first parking lot when you pull in and walk. I've been there long before the sun comes over the horizon to fish the creek. They keep that first one open for those that just like to go wandering around. Unless they moved the gate to the entrance since last year.
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com