Sunday at Big Rock

I try my hand at everything and try to write something about the adventures. Successful or failed.
Pete

Sunday at Big Rock

Post by Pete »

I got out to fish at big Rock Quarry for an hour or so on Sunday afternoon. No fish-no live ones at least-hooked or even seen (but there was a dead crappie, probably the biggest one I've ever seen, floating belly up; he may have been a winter kill, or he may have died of old age). But while walking through a muddy area down to the water, a timber doodle (not sure if "wood cock" will be accepted here or not) exploded up just a few feet in front of me. Definitely a sign of spring when they migrate through.
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Re: Sunday at Big Rock

Post by Ken G »

Hey Pete, been meaning to get out there myself.

Language isn't an issue here unless it's directed at someone you don't know. If you know them, then it's not an issue. :D

In case you don't know this, all the way around the quarry, 25 feet down is a ledge that sticks out about 5 feet then the quarry wall goes the rest of the way to the bottom. I think it's over 60 feet deep. Most of the fish like to relate to that ledge.

There's a hump out in the lake somewhere that comes within 30 or so feet of the surface, but I can't remember exactly where it is. We did some depth finding years ago but never drew a map.

Who's got sonar and wants to go do this?
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com
Special Ed
Poop Ninja
Type in the middle number (1118): 630

Re: Sunday at Big Rock

Post by Special Ed »

I'm not up for dragging my boat that far since they don't allow trailer launched vessels.

I can aquire a canoe though. My sonar is portable.

When are we going to do that big Fox boat trip Ken??????

Where did that thread go?