Special Ed-Walleye club night

Like any other blog, random thoughts on random subjects. Might be interesting, or not. I probably won't be putting up much more here. I have other blogs. Only registered users can see this forum.
John S Montgomery

Special Ed-Walleye club night

Post by John S Montgomery »

Hey how did that turn out last fall . Where did you have your best results? Thanks :mrgreen:
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Re: Special Ed-Walleye club night

Post by Ken G »

If I recall correctly, his best results occurred in his dreams.
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com
Special Ed
Poop Ninja
Type in the middle number (1118): 630

Post by Special Ed »

Ken G wrote:If I recall correctly, his best results occurred in his dreams.

Cory scored a few up North in Dundee/Algonquin area. I came up with catfish, carp, and a couple dink smallies. No walleye though.... I think we started fishing too early. The water was barely mid fifties when we started.

I was also very preoccupied many a night by the allure of ice cold beer washing down pork nachos at Two Brothers after our river excursions...
twade

Post by twade »

Big Mike casted a moonlite shadow that removed the fish from the water.

We didn't dam, we probably should of .
Bryan Blazek

Post by Bryan Blazek »

Well if it makes you feel any better I went out about 25 nights around here targeting walleye and ended up catching drum, pike, and quillback. I have yet to catch a walleye/sauger from the river since I moved here in August of last year.
John S Montgomery

Post by John S Montgomery »

Come on ....I wanna hear some one say they have done some damage on walleyes. Spring and fall the best bets? Do you have to go right up on the dam area to catch them. Usually when I wade I prefer to stay away from the dams, I'm a roamer.
Special Ed
Poop Ninja

Post by Special Ed »

I have seen damage done to the eyes on the Fox, but have never done it myself. I like to eat walleye more than fish for them, and the eyes from the Fox don't exactly tempt my taste buds if you get my drift.

Most guys do best in the Fall since they seem to feed better then. In teh Spring I think they are more preoccupied by the spawn that many caught are reactionary strikes.

There is a well known guide that fishes the big Miss for eyes, "Hutch". He custom pours hair jigs and tips them with curl-tail rib worms. Does very well, and his technique/presentation would translate over well to the Fox I would think....

As for spots..... well..... 8-)