Expect some activity soon!!

I try my hand at everything and try to write something about the adventures. Successful or failed.
John S Montgomery

Expect some activity soon!!

Post by John S Montgomery »

Well we are going to start having our usual warm up 50-60 degree days coming soon. Keep your eyes open for the increased wild life activity as they will be looking for food!! Right now is a good time to go to the river to see the different species of water fowl stopping in on their migrations to and from differnt locations. Look for the eagles also along the Fox and various creeks in the area. Get on this thread and share what you guys are seeing or post some pictures. Let us know where you had seen them also. Thanks :mrgreen:
Dan
Asshole
Type in the middle number (1118): 630

Re: Expect some activity soon!!

Post by Dan »

John,

I will keep it in mind to post some pics for the coming weekends outings :) Great idea btw!!
John S Montgomery

Yeah Dan that would be cool. I just have to get situated and figure out how to get pictures on here. There are alot of cool waterfowl this time of year also. We just have to have every one tell where they took the picture. I got a few. This can be a real interesting section with people sharing what they are seeing. How about last year when they guy had a picture of a wolf on his trail cam in Oregon Illinois. :mrgreen: I'm not saying we will see a wolf but you never know when one might drift down from Wisconsin. I think Oregon being out west along the Rock river probably led that wolf there via the river and that area being very much wilderness like with all the forest and timber and also the hilly terain. Well I 'm staring to ramble know :o
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Post by Ken G »

When out the other day I knew I was looking at 5 different types of waterfowl, but I really suck at identifying them.

Oooohhhh, pretty bird.

Mergansers and pintails for sure, the usual mallards. But one I still can't figure out. My camera is only so good and they are all too far away.
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com
Special Ed
Poop Ninja

Post by Special Ed »

I'm a bird hater.

Damn geese crap all over the grounds I have to walk at work. Damn Starlings, Sparrows, Robins, and Cardinals crap all over my cars and patio furniture at home. Damn Cranes and Herons spooking all the fish around the holes I like to fish at my ponds....

Coolest bird I ever saw was the Seagull that got too close to my work van as I was barreling 50mph down LSD about ten years ago. Blew up like someone shoved an M-80 wrapped in bologna down it's throat..... I plead the 5th on that one too.
John S Montgomery

Special Ed wrote:I'm a bird hater.

Damn geese crap all over the grounds I have to walk at work. Damn Starlings, Sparrows, Robins, and Cardinals crap all over my cars and patio furniture at home. Damn Cranes and Herons spooking all the fish around the holes I like to fish at my ponds....

Coolest bird I ever saw was the Seagull that got too close to my work van as I was barreling 50mph down LSD about ten years ago. Blew up like someone shoved an M-80 wrapped in bologna down it's throat..... I plead the 5th on that one too.
Those herons and cranes spook me too. I'm waiting for one to pick me up and drop me!
Dan
Asshole

Post by Dan »

This brings back a story from last season...

I was fishing some northern Illinois river... "Sry Norm!" HA!

Anyways, I was fishing one of my spots on the river and I spooked up a crane a few hundred yards up stream... Thinking nothing of it I get back to fishing... Out of nowhere this bird starts dive bombing me! Literally!! I felt violated!! So now I'm a bit disturbed never seeing this before... A couple minutes later... I was attacked again!! WTF! This thing was accurate to!! I called it a day after that. ;) True story.
Bryan Blazek

Post by Bryan Blazek »

Dan, post the snow-geese or whatever from tuesday. I got a picture but it didn't turn out.
Bryan Blazek

Post by Bryan Blazek »

Oh, and expect to see some cormorant that have met their demise at the business end of a 1200fps pellet rifle. Damn birds eatin all the fry...
Dan
Asshole

Post by Dan »

:)