where to fish

That's what this one is about. If you're planning on fishing and want company, put that here. If the fish talk you have to say doesn't fit anywhere else, that can go here too.
Special Ed
Poop Ninja
Type in the middle number (1118): 630

where to fish

Post by Special Ed »

I had a morning free-up on me this weekend. Where would you wade if you had from sun-up to noon?
John S Montgomery

Re: where to fish

Post by John S Montgomery »

I would Start at Orchard rd bridge and head down river towards Yorkville going past Saw-Wa-Kee. If anything there is some great scenery along there. There are as you know some beatiful areas past silver springs where you have bluffs and nice scereny and areas like Ken has said before that no one goes to. :mrgreen:
Rob P
Troublemaker
Type in the middle number (1118): 630

Post by Rob P »

below yorkville.
just because i like the scenery..
and the fishing.
The bluffs down by sheridan are really cool.
nice wading by silver spring also.

Whats the deal with the kayak stuff.

Area above the dam will be closed to wading?
Or just the area by the chute?

Ed
get a few pics from shore by freemans, and upstream from the bridge.

hard to get an idea of whats happening from Dales pics.

Hopefully the whole area won't be trashed for wading & catching!
See the world before its gone!
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Post by Ken G »

Those would be my pictures and if you knew what Yorkville looked like, it wouldn't be a problem. :D
I have more, but that's all he published.

The chute itself will be off limits to fishing of any kind according to my conversation with the mayor. Of course I kept laughing at her comments about it, so I'm sure I didn't make any brownie points. Not the first time with her.

If I can haul my butt out of bed early Sunday morning I have a smaller time frame that day starting at sun up. At least for now. I'm thinking Saw Wee Kee down. Haven't done it yet this year. My ventures from Orchard to Saw Wee Kee this year have been a big disappointment. I think John is beating me to all the fish.

North side of the river in that stretch.

Then there's the flats by the crap plant all the way down to Violet Patch Park, west side.

Then there's Violet Patch park all the way down to some park I can't remember the name of anymore. Many decades ago there was a dam there and you'll know you're in the right spot when you get there. West side again.

Indian Trail was always a favorite.

I'm giving you too many options aren't I.

When you going?
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com
John S Montgomery

Post by John S Montgomery »

Ken G wrote:Those would be my pictures and if you knew what Yorkville looked like, it wouldn't be a problem. :D
I have more, but that's all he published.

The chute itself will be off limits to fishing of any kind according to my conversation with the mayor. Of course I kept laughing at her comments about it, so I'm sure I didn't make any brownie points. Not the first time with her.

If I can haul my butt out of bed early Sunday morning I have a smaller time frame that day starting at sun up. At least for now. I'm thinking Saw Wee Kee down. Haven't done it yet this year. My ventures from Orchard to Saw Wee Kee this year have been a big disappointment. I think John is beating me to all the fish.

North side of the river in that stretch.

Then there's the flats by the crap plant all the way down to Violet Patch Park, west side.

Then there's Violet Patch park all the way down to some park I can't remember the name of anymore. Many decades ago there was a dam there and you'll know you're in the right spot when you get there. West side again.

Indian Trail was always a favorite.

I'm giving you too many options aren't I.

When you going?

Not me Ken. I have not been in the river since I had my back fusion surgery in June. Back is doing much better now but I'm going to wait a little since I'm not all that stable yet. I do not want to put myself in any bad situations. :mrgreen:
Ed79

Post by Ed79 »

Then there's Violet Patch park all the way down to some park I can't remember the name of anymore. Many decades ago there was a dam there and you'll know you're in the right spot when you get there. West side again
How is the east side of the river through that stretch? Looked real promising when we were out there last, but we didn't have much time to really work it. Lots of rock bars jutting out from the shore, and some deeper holes, and lots of pools along the shore where the baitfish were gathering up.
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Post by Ken G »

Ed, sorry I missed this.
The east side is more hit or miss. Too much shallow water for my liking, but then there's a spot just down from Violet Patch Park, by the only house right there, that is next to impossible to walk through. Once at higher water was one too many times for me.

I've always liked the west side, more consistent in the depths.
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com
Ed79

Post by Ed79 »

Ken G wrote:Ed, sorry I missed this.
The east side is more hit or miss. Too much shallow water for my liking, but then there's a spot just down from Violet Patch Park, by the only house right there, that is next to impossible to walk through. Once at higher water was one too many times for me.

I've always liked the west side, more consistent in the depths.
No worries. The specific area that had me curious was right after the island near the crap plant. Very shallow on the east side before that spot, and along the island, but then it started to look pretty promising. Got my wading vest wet, even with the low water. :lol: Wasn't much current through there though. More a walleye spot than smallies, I'm thinking. With the water as low as it is, the west side almost seemed too shallow. I can see spots that should hold a bunch of fish at normal levels though. I guess that's the bonus of fishing when it's low? ;)