Not one Salmon but 6!!

Mazon, Vermillion, Illinois, Rock, Galena, Apple, Kish, Mississippi and everything that flows into them. If any one gets more posts than the others, I'll give it it's own forum.
smallmouthfisher
Type in the middle number (1118): 630

Not one Salmon but 6!!

Post by smallmouthfisher »

Today I went on an little exploring trip today. I went to 3 different spots
in search of new water and Salmon. I have never fished for Salmon before and I picked some brains and went out in search of some fish. Now everyone I talked to said the waters low so either no fish or not many. Well this was ok. I was looking for low water so I can see holes and when i return I can know what I am working with.. Well Spot one nothing was happening the water was way low and I had 2 fish on but lost them.

At spot one walking the shore I seen alot of dead fish

Spot 2 Was dried up.. very low and no fish.

Then Spot 3.. I came across this place from a detour on the road. I pulled over and got out. There was only one guy getting ready to fish and another down stream. I got in the water and stood there.. and I counted lots of fish around me. These were big in my eyes being first time being in a river with a run starting. So I was using my 10wt fly rod and the rest is history. 2 things I learned.. out of 12 fish i had on only landed 6... I need a net and when the fish is not ready he will let you know. I was fighting a fish and my fly got loose and hooked me in the forehead. I was bleeding but I will take it like a man. and Also I need a camera man. Some photos are doubles of fish but its hard taking photos of these guys if not on shore.

In this video you can see other fish moving around..
I lost this baby at my freaking feet. I had a pink tag near its fin but never landed her.. I was hard trying to take a video of her.
<object><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e_mPMFNFQMg?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e_mPMFNFQMg?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>
I was excited so sorry for the sluring of the words..
lol