Fox Finally got there..

Like any other blog, random thoughts on random subjects. Might be interesting, or not. I probably won't be putting up much more here. I have other blogs. Only registered users can see this forum.
twade
Type in the middle number (1118): 630

Fox Finally got there..

Post by twade »

This is nothing more than a repeat of post I made earlier. However, I have to included it to this forum as I don't post here like I should.

I will include areas fished.

*****Started south of North Aurora Dam. Near the first island and down to the second.

After a late start on Monday 9/27 I decided to wade the Fox River. I haven't waded or fished the Fox much at all this year. So I had a lot of exploring to do to find fish. This was done by both by foot and by car.

Fishing fast current proved unproductive. Currents were fished by drifting a minnow into current and letting the bait naturally fall into eddies and outside of breaks. This method didn't produce any fish for me and I spent a lot of time trying to drift and cast accordingly. The deeper holes I found had fast under tows and nothing was working in these spots either. I finally got a couple of missed hits and/or drive by in areas where the current was slowed downed by narrow passageways between islands. However I feel the fish were most likely carp. The bottom was murky with a foot plus of mud with rock below.

***** This was in the channel between the park and the houses on the opposite side of Harners Restaurant.

After awhile I moved completely. I just didn't think I was on them. At this point I was casting from the shore into moderate current with no pronounced depth I got two small fighters in this area - not very deep. I fished some more with no more hits. At this point I hoped in the car and headed north a ways.

**** Les Arrands. Waded through the first islands and fished the bends north and east of the ramp.

This area was greatly saturated deep in mud - some spots up to my knees. What a work out. After wading through the area and past the almost none moving water I found some chest deep holes with some pretty fast water. I had to maneuver around this as I have already determined this water was not going to produce, at least according to my earlier efforts.

I made my way north of a sharp bend and cast into a deep outside break near the shore that had a lot of coverage from trees and roots and just outside the current. The area was between a muddy bottom and swift current with a semi-rocky bottom. This area produce a few more fish me. However I switched out the minnows to a small purple ice jig with a purple plastic "blood worm" tail. These fish were bigger, go figure.

The best part of my day was picking up my daughter at the bus stop and hitting up a lake. She pulled in her first large mouth through a slop of weeds and did quite well in handling herself and letting the fish swim out before she reeled again. She also is becoming quite the photographer as she took my digital and decided to get some "Nature" shots in of the lake.