Rock Creek FLY TIME!!

Mazon, Vermillion, Illinois, Rock, Galena, Apple, Kish, Mississippi and everything that flows into them. If any one gets more posts than the others, I'll give it it's own forum.
smallmouthfisher
Type in the middle number (1118): 630

Rock Creek FLY TIME!!

Post by smallmouthfisher »

Today I got out and spent the day at Rock Creek at one of my access spots. Today the creek was perfect. I started the day out at 7am and fished to 1pm. I was out with my new 3wt fly rod and I was using a fly I tied called a Copper Johnny. The fish I picked up today were Common Shinners, Redhorses, Chubs, Suckers, Smallies and Suckers and a Few Bluegill. The fish were endless. I must have caught over 100 fish today but most of them were what you guys call bait size but never the less still fun on a 3wt. The smallies were what I caught the most today all ranging from 2 inches to 16 inches and its pretty amazing that a 16 inch smallie would eat a size 14 hook. But I hope you enjoy the photos not many my camera did die but here is what I got before I went. Oh also I was accused of trespassing again from this clown that owns some boys camp and he called the police he told me. I said I will wait for them to get in their canoe and give me a ticket. They never showed and he sat on his chair on the side of the creek to see if I went on the banks because he said he can shoot me then. I fished that area for an hour while he sat there and got bored and creeped out so I made my way back to the car. Thought I share……

Till next time friends.

Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Re: Rock Creek FLY TIME!!

Post by Ken G »

You should have taken a picture of him.

Between that and Frank's punctured tire, I think I'm going to park somewhere and stake out my car with my shotgun. A little warning shot over their heads . . . Oh, I'm sorry man, hunting pigeons, must not have seen you fucking with my car.

Supposedly I'm allowed to sling it over my shoulder while wading a creek. Never know when a pigeon will show. :D

Even though, if I saw you slinking along my property, I'd be suspicious. A little hair might help. You'd look a little less like a Pontiac escapee.
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com
Special Ed
Poop Ninja

Post by Special Ed »

Ken G wrote:A little hair might help. You'd look a little less like a Pontiac escapee.

lmao

Maybe the guy liked seeing you in a "wife-beater"?

You know, one of them..... hillbilly types......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gLN3QoN-q8

Maybe you should keep the escaped prisoner look after all. :lol:
smallmouthfisher

Post by smallmouthfisher »

LOL wow
Ed79

Post by Ed79 »

lmao! Good job Sam. :)