5/5/10 Fox Creeks

From the Wisconsin border to the Illinois River, some of the best and easily accessible fishing in the Chicago area.
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

5/5/10 Fox Creeks

Post by Ken G »

Temporarily off work this week, possibly into next. Hate when this happens. At my age in the graphics industry, I may as well not exist. Kids are the ticket, they work long hours for cheap because they don't know any better. Beautiful women are the other problem. I'm not one and if you ever have an opportunity to hang out in a graphics department, you should see quite a few. So I'm stuck waiting and hoping things will pick up again. Unless I find the fountain of youth and get a sex change, there's almost no point in looking for something new.

Decided to go hit a couple of creeks. They had to be turned on. The air quality was perfect. Creek levels and clarity were perfect. Hit a pond along one of the creeks that was perfect. Nobody told the fish. A couple of missed hits and just a bunch of shots of scenery to show for a few hours of exploring.

Came across the foundation of what must have been a barn, a long time ago. Part of one wall was collapsed and what was once the inside looked no different than what was once the outside.

This cottonwood, which is on the inside, is almost 5 feet in diameter.

That means this barn had been abandoned a long time ago.

If not for the wall, there would be no difference.

I searched all over for any sign of this being a barn, but there was nothing but more of the wall to find.

Perfect conditions.

On this creek.

Got to the next creek with more perfect conditions.

And all I got out of it was nice things to look at.

I've always liked the bright white of poplar trees against bright blue skies.

The pond was a wash out so I just took more pictures as the sun streaked through the trees.

There was one small beam of light that made it through the canopy and landed right on this.

I quit earlier than usual. No point beating a dead horse. Or a couple of dead creeks in this case. Drove over an even smaller creek in a couple of places on the way home. Of course I had to stop to check it out. Small, narrow, a bit muddy and quite a few nice looking deeper holes. Wasn't expecting the holes in such a small creek.

Another stretch of it runs through a forest preserve. I knew this, but had never gone to look at it. I may have to go change that soon.

Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com