Sunday's Plans Set

East and West Branches plus the main stem, not much to look at sometimes, but an astonishing fishery.
Frank Macikas

Sunday's Plans Set

Post by Frank Macikas »

Well looks like sunday's plans are almost finalized; I will be floating the dupage on pontoons with my brother in law who doesnt fish but we will show him the way of the smallie! I am thinking from Rt 59 at 143rd to the caton farm rd ramp. Or maybe put in at caton and head down river from there. I have done the 59 to 59 a few years ago and there was some really good holes and the last section was all pretty deep but we didnt get to fish the last mile or so because I didnt realize how far that section turns out before coming back around and we left way to late. Any suggestions on other stretches are welcome!! These pontoons worked great but they have a ton of drag so actually rowing and getting anywhere takes time and effort. Drifting is great though!!
smallmouthfisher
Type in the middle number (1118): 630

Re: Sunday's Plans Set

Post by smallmouthfisher »

If I can suggest this is what I would do... Looks like I will be down there also.

This came here.

Refer back to my post to see the other pics but this area would be prime for smallie and largies.. Tales of 6lbers out of this area.

PM for details if you want..
Frank Macikas

Post by Frank Macikas »

I think this is the stretch Im gonna try. Have to get the boats checked make sure they still hold air; been quite awhile since I have had them out.
smallmouthfisher

let me know if I can wade that... i want to get in at the baseball field and walk down to i80 and get in under the bridge and wade all the way down to seil... well then have either a ride or someone pick me up.
Frank Macikas

Post by Frank Macikas »

smallmouthfisher wrote:let me know if I can wade that... i want to get in at the baseball field and walk down to i80 and get in under the bridge and wade all the way down to seil... well then have either a ride or someone pick me up.
I never did the the boats out last weekend the valve is shot on one of them and the other one has a valve half way there. Too bad I was really excited about it but now im considering a kayak or canoe if I can ever put the $$ together. The area around 80 has been calling my name and I have driven past there a few times but havent stopped yet. I have next tuesday off so I may try to check that area out. I get back from Vegas late Monday night so not sure if I'll actually make it out :lol:
smallmouthfisher

I am off tuesday after 230pm
Frank Macikas

Post by Frank Macikas »

I was thinking out trying to get out in the morning because I will have to pick up my kids in the afternoon but let me figure out what time. Maybe I can meet up for a couple hours. I'll pm you my #