Are these rats or what????

And you can do that here. Off fishing topic and off the wall subjects and plain bitch sessions. Sometimes you just need to have an outlet. Only registered users can see this forum.
ThunderStick

Re: Are these rats or what????

Post by ThunderStick »

Special Ed wrote:Ken,

Get me some pictures of your wild tukeys. My wife is a city girl and thinks I am full of it when I tell her about the turkeys I see out in the area occasionally.
About 2 years ago we had 6 female turkeys walk thru my back yard. The thing is, I'm in Naperville. South Naperville. I suppose it helps that its unincorporated Naperville. I've also seen coyotes stroll thru. I hear 'em at night all the time. Same with the owls but not as often. Also had a button buck running like mad around the school field across the street a few years ago. Over the weekend we had a female mallard on the front yard that was blinded in a fight (prolly by a cat, I'm guessing). She's now residing at the WIllowbrook Center because I couldnt get myself to wring its neck. I'll shoot pheasant and rabbit but I cant kill a blind duck. Does that make me a softie?
ThunderStick aka Paul
ThunderStick

Re: Are these rats or what????

Post by ThunderStick »

ThunderStick wrote:
Special Ed wrote:Ken,

Get me some pictures of your wild tukeys. My wife is a city girl and thinks I am full of it when I tell her about the turkeys I see out in the area occasionally.
About 2 years ago we had 6 female turkeys walk thru my back yard. The thing is, I'm in Naperville. South Naperville. I suppose it helps that its unincorporated Naperville. I've also seen coyotes stroll thru. I hear 'em at night all the time. Same with the owls but not as often. Also had a button buck running like mad around the school field across the street a few years ago. Over the weekend we had a female mallard on the front yard that was blinded in a fight (prolly by a cat, I'm guessing). She's now residing at the WIllowbrook Center because I couldnt get myself to wring its neck. I'll shoot pheasant and rabbit but I cant kill a blind duck. Does that make me a softie?
Oh yeah, tons of musk rats too. I ran a trap line last summer for 2 months (got a special permit from the DNR for that) and got a mess of those things out of the lake. A few years before that my neighbor dispatched over 40.
ThunderStick aka Paul