Ten Years Ago Today 11/28/99

Like any other blog, random thoughts on random subjects. Might be interesting, or not. I probably won't be putting up much more here. I have other blogs. Only registered users can see this forum.
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Ten Years Ago Today 11/28/99

Post by Ken G »

Funny to read this stuff. Okay, funny for me. Things don't change. I bet no one has gone to Indian Trail Road even though I know I've mentioned to go there at least a half dozen times this year alone. And people whine about the internet ruining fishing spots.

About 45 degrees, clear to partly cloudy, water normal, visibility 12 to 24 inches, 10:30 a.m to 5:00 p.m., yellow 1/16 ounce jig/minnow/twister, or split shot and minnow.

The cold got me off the water a little earlier than I wanted, but it was a long day. Total:

8 smallies, 2-14’s, 2-12’s and the rest smaller
3 largemouth
2 green sunfish

The bulk of the fish came from Indian Trail Road. I had wanted to stay a little later to see if walleye moved into this one area, but I was getting a little colder than I like. Will have to just go for a couple hours to this area so I don’t get worn out ahead of time.

The fish were biting very light with most of them just picking it up and sitting there. Have to get used to setting the hook on every bump. Was in a nice quiet stretch where the largemouth came from. Lost quite a few of them when I realized they were hanging on to half of the minnow and letting me reel them in. You could see them tugging at the minnow when they realized it was going up and away from them.

Also was able to sneak up on a couple of areas where the fish were just hanging out in fairly large schools. Flipping something through the school got nothing, they would just ignore it. My wife has a half dozen koi in a pond out in the yard. With the colder weather they are just sitting on the bottom of the pond, side-by-side practically touching, all facing the same direction. Noticed this same thing with the schools of fish I came on. They were all huddled together facing the same direction. I’m assuming a lot of the fish are sitting on the bottom just like these. Makes sense that you can catch a bunch of fish out of one hole.
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com