Why Dove Hunting is Hard Work

I try my hand at everything and try to write something about the adventures. Successful or failed.
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Why Dove Hunting is Hard Work

Post by Ken G »

Originally put this up in the Blog back in April. Thought I would repost this in the hunting section since dove hunting opens September 1st. I've been seeing doves everywhere. I imagine that's a good thing for the hunters.

Bring lots of shells.

To and from work every day, east of Oswego, I drive down roads that cut through the remaining farms out that way. No one seems to drive them much. People seem to prefer to put up with the traffic on Route 34 and all the idiots that seem to be in no hurry to get home.

On the way home today I turned down this one nice long stretch where you can clip right along. On my left, out of the corner of my eye, I see a bird fly towards the road then turn parallel to me about 30 feet away.

It's a dove.

It hardly moved it's wings and when it did, it was more like it was just pulling it's way through the air. Most of the time it's wings were angled back. I was able to notice all this because I had plenty of time to watch it as it kept pace with me. It would twist a little as it caught wind, it's wings would go back and it would actually pick up speed a little.

Then it flared it's wings, banked off to the left and disappeared across the field.

I looked down at my speedometer. I was doing 60 miles per hour.

Now you know why they're so hard to hit.
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com
Dan
Asshole
Type in the middle number (1118): 630

Re: Why Dove Hunting is Hard Work

Post by Dan »

I thought I replied to this b4?! Guess not!

Pretty cool if u ask me.