DesPlaines 11/14

Some like it, some don't. If you're fishing its major tributary, Salt Creek, leave those posts here.
MattC

DesPlaines 11/14

Post by MattC »

Fished an area tonight that i have fished many times just never at night for walleyes. The water has been rising and i have gotten skunked the last 2 times out so i decided to try this spot. In normal water levels it is very shallow with scattered larger rocks that gradually sloaps down to 2 1/2ft. So when the water is up some it seemed like an area that should produce with nice current and plenty of scattered rocks for the eyes to hold behind. I only was out for 45 min. and got 2 fish on back to back casts using a rattlin rogue.

This Walleye hit hard and took off pealing drag, i thaught for sure it was a pike by the way it was fighting

This Sauger came on the next cast

I wish i could have stayed out longer cause im sure i would have caught more fish. The water should stay up for at least the next couple days so i will probably be trying this spot next time out, hopefully Saturday or Sunday.
You can never fish the same river twice, by the time you get back it's not the same river.
Matt