Commuting and Work

And you can do that here. Off fishing topic and off the wall subjects and plain bitch sessions. Sometimes you just need to have an outlet. Only registered users can see this forum.
amason
Type in the middle number (1118): 630

Re: Commuting and Work

Post by amason »

Adam and I have the same commute. It's generally a hour but on a day like today it was an hour and a half home and could have been considerably longer if I didn't know secret shortcuts. The only upside is that it's the reverse commute. 35 miles door to door roughly. I've never had anything less than an hour commute my entire adult life. My last job I took public transportation but by the time I took the train to another train I was commuting 3 hours a day. The only upside was that I was able to read a library's worth of books on a regular basis. It was actually more expensive than driving but I didn't have the choice at the time. I guess I could live in NW Indiana instead of Chicago but I'm much happier here in the City. My wife rides her bike to work every day, (about 12-13 mi round trip) so that makes it easier to justify me driving.

If I had the opportunity I would love to ride on a daily basis. I know I could use that exercise.
ThunderStick

Post by ThunderStick »

I drive to a bus station, bus takes me to Metra station, train takes me into the Loop, walk to my office. Door to door, 1.5 hrs, each way. I've been doing this for 8 years now and I dont see it stopping anytime soon (c'mon lottery!!). Its not bad since I'm a voracious reader of fiction and historical non-fiction. Good luck with the search Ken.
ThunderStick aka Paul
Norm Minas

Post by Norm Minas »

37 miles one way , Bourbonnais to Homewood, about 45 minutes. 5 to 20 minutes to just about any place I want to fish on the Kankakee.

used to be 10 minutes to work , about an hour to the river.

i'll take the longer commute to work , besides I work 3 to 11, traffic isn't really an issue. more headaches with road work every where. for a state that's broke, it's amazing.
What a long, strange trip it still is .

Put a glide in your stride, a dip in your hip and come onto the mother ship .