Northwoods

You never know where you might get to take a vacation.
Fishin Musician

Northwoods

Post by Fishin Musician »

Went up to the Up of Michigan and fished with my old neighbor from Hillside.. Big Don. First Day wet, rained All day and we were on a predominate largemouth lake. I am a Smallie guy at Heart but 21 inch largemouth prespawn smacking spinnerbaits are still fun. Caught a bunch of fish between 14 and 19 as long as it was raining . Since it rained all day it was incredible fishing. The next day it was still raining the water temp actually rose but in the morning it was 33 degrees. smaller fish but went to Chalk Hills flowage and eventually found the smallies right where they should have been 8 to a 11 feet of water on a rock point close to deep water. Smallies averaged 16 inches with 18 inches being the best we found that evening. Next morning 29 degrees on a May Morning!!! The bass shut down and we went pike fishing caught a 32 inch beauty and so many slimy snakes I realized why I bass fish!! Beautiful country..like a Hamms commercial(SKY BLUE WATERS) saw baby eagles taking their first flight , wild turkeys, deer, who were actually afraid of human contact, loons ,mating sandhill cranes,,what a racket they can make and yoopers in shorts and tee shirts while I sported my Carhart overalls. I Love it up here, if you use your brain and what you know about fishing structure and current you can catch some nice fish, no matter what the conditions..just need to be adaptable!! What's funny is I have caught larger and more fish up here but this trip was just so enjoyable , being able to get away... and just be!!! 8-)
I am Kevin Summers and I have a Fishin Addiction....
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Re: Northwoods

Post by Ken G »

I've always wanted to get up there. Did Quetico in high school and that's the last time I've gone that far north.

Raw beauty at times.
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com
heysambennett

Post by heysambennett »

Love the Northwoods.

Thought I saw you on the river yesterday, but it was just some other old guy. ;).

-SB
ThunderStick

Post by ThunderStick »

The Great Northwoods of WI are in my near future.....cant wait. I heard the skeeter population is of epic proportions this year due to all the rain and snow they got up there.
ThunderStick aka Paul