So I emailed the DNR...

From the Wisconsin border to the Illinois River, some of the best and easily accessible fishing in the Chicago area.
Special Ed
Poop Ninja
Type in the middle number (1118): 630

So I emailed the DNR...

Post by Special Ed »

... suggesting that the corruption in our legislative and executive branches of State government are bleeding the DNR into extinction. I suggested that the people that consider the woods and water of Illinois home to them start a community watch program to support the diminishing staff of the DNR in patrolling and preserving our... neighborhood, if you will.

This was the email I received today:
Thank you for your concerns and your suggestions. I have forwarded your email to the IDNR Fisheries Division Director and our Chief of Staff. They are always looking for new ideas.
We are thankful to have many volunteers helping us to monitor our bodies of water in Illinois, but you are right, more needs to be done. Our mission is to protect and preserve, and together with our thousands of volunteers, and collaborative partnerships with civic, watershed, fishing and other government groups, we could improve our water quality for people, the fish and wildlife that depend on it.
May I add your name to our database as a prospective IDNR Volunteer?

Dianne Blasa
Volunteer Network Manager
Illinois Department of Natural Resources
Volunteer E-mail: dnr.volunteers@illinois.gov
My response is forthcoming, but I will definitely be adding my name to the list of IDNR Volunteers. If any of you would wish to do the same, Dianne's email address is right there.

Get busy, get active, and encourage others to follow.

If any of you feel that the neighborhood watch idea is a good one, send Dianne an email in support of the idea. The more people we have behind this kind of action the better our odds are of being noticed!
Rob P
Troublemaker

Re: So I emailed the DNR...

Post by Rob P »

hopefully a different program, than a few years ago when i signed up for a watch program.

before i could do anything I had to take a few classes.
fine...

but they were downtown, or in springfield and during the day-midweek.

i asked to wait for more involved or better times.

its a good idea.

maybe now they realize they need our help!
See the world before its gone!
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Post by Ken G »

North Aurora days is coming soon. A good friend runs the kid fishing event. It's August 4th.

Last year John Rogner showed up, the IDNR second in command. We talked alot.

You should volunteer your time that day, bring your kids. You'll have plenty of time to chat if he shows up again this year.

http://www.northauroradays.com/fishingderby.html

Came back from Devil's Lake with an idea or two I'm going to steal from Wisconsin. If I can keep up my interest, which is debatable, I'm going to contact these people to see how they do things.

http://www.devilslakewisconsin.com/friends/

My problem right now is that my interest level has plummeted along with my writing and reading of others stuff. Not sure it can be fixed, yet anyway.

I personally don't understand why the IDNR budget, if they were to get a surplus, should even be touched for the General Fund. That shouldn't be hard to fix.
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com
Rob P
Troublemaker

Post by Rob P »

my thoughts exactly Ken.
i feel like im playing whack-a-mole with too any groups, people and skewed trends i see in my world.

i'm regrouping to start over from within.

my personal basket for BS that i can tolerate is full.

its like an overflowing bucket, ...........sorry new problems cant use my time until others are poured out.

i can relate to your loss.
i have had friends pass on.
I have a number of relatives that have health issues that are not long for here.
also see a few that have realized they are soon to follow.
what is sad is seeing my family members finally realizing what i have already accepted is coming.
It will still be a sad time when they go but not a surprise.

Personally i realize i am closer to the former stage than the latter.
this past weekend i spent time fishing out west with my brotherinlaw.
on water topics included our mortality, and where to get more beer 30 miles from a town.

Time is short. I want more.
I plan to use what i have for myself and my family!

send me the link for the heart signals.
i also have put off that test for years! :(
See the world before its gone!