Anthony Mikos AKA: DrinkBourbon/George's Clam

Stop in and see who else you know is here. Introduce yourself and get the formalities out of the way.
Anthony Mikos
Type in the middle number (1118): 630

Anthony Mikos AKA: DrinkBourbon/George's Clam

Post by Anthony Mikos »

Hello there. My name is Anthony Mikos. I am 30 years old, married with a 5 year old daughter and I live in West Dundee. I work two jobs. I have been a general purpose warehouse guy for a construction fasteners distributor for a year and I have been working for my dad's janitorial company for longer than I can really remember. I've fished on and off most of my life, but I did not take the sport up seriously until a year or two ago, when my dad asked if I wanted to go fishing at Bluff Spring Fen with him one early summer morning. Caught my first two largemouth ever that day and since then I have not been able to drive, bike or walk past any pond, puddle, creek or crick without stopping to at least look, if not wet a line.

I happened upon the WCF messageboard trying to find out if Busse still sold fishing licenses. After a fair bit of trolling, I started posting, and that's how I ended up here.

Working two jobs and having a family means that the time I actually get to sit down at the computer is infrequent, so I've begun posting a lot less frequently on forums. I've taken a stab at resurrecting my blog (again) and I try to at least add one post a week, but that's not always possible due to the aforementioned time constraints.

Outside of fishing, I am into the usual white suburban male stuff. Video games, music, movies, beer, whisk(e)y, et al.

I'll probably do a lot of lurking here. I will post as often as I can. Thanks for having me.
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Re: Anthony Mikos AKA: DrinkBourbon/George's Clam

Post by Ken G »

I didn't realize you were also doing a blog till I stumbled on it through Chris, I think. I was impressed.

I keep meaning to send a note to Chris to come here, but I also assume he knows about it, but doesn't want to. Or he's just dense, kind of like his fishing explorations. :D No, honestly, he reminds me of me when I was first learning. Good stuff he's doing.

Lurk all you want, comment when you can, that's fine with everyone. It better be.
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com
Anthony Mikos

Post by Anthony Mikos »

I actually love Chris' blog because I can relate to it. He is just going to go fishing and tell us all about it no matter what happens. I like that. Truth be told, if I had the time and resources he appears to have, my blog would read a lot like his. I usually have a line in the water at least once a day, even if it is only for 30 minutes before work, but it seems I always have something I want to talk about after those 30 minutes, whereas I spend between 8 and 12 hours a day working and when my wife asks me how work was I have trouble giving more than a one syllable answer.
amason

Post by amason »

Anthony Mikos wrote:George's Clam
By Crackey!
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Post by Ken G »

Anthony Mikos wrote:but it seems I always have something I want to talk about after those 30 minutes, whereas I spend between 8 and 12 hours a day working and when my wife asks me how work was I have trouble giving more than a one syllable answer.
I have that same problem. It's work, I did it, it's over. What's to talk about?
But I can bore her to death about following deer trails through the woods, crawling on my hands and knees at times just to go fishing, which she doesn't give a rat's ass about.

Women, go figure.

I've got into this rut where I feel everything I write down has to have a point or mean something. I need to go back to my Chris roots and just put things down.
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com