Special Ed

Stop in and see who else you know is here. Introduce yourself and get the formalities out of the way.
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Re: Special Ed

Post by Ken G »

I like country music that's actually country music.

That shit where American Flags are waving, F-14's are screaming and anything else military referenced is just propaganda, not country music.

That would make it anything pre 1970.
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com
ThunderStick

Post by ThunderStick »

'cept Willie, Waylon and Merle made a lot of good music in the 70s.....but yeah, 99% of country music as it stands today is forgetable and regretable.
ThunderStick aka Paul
Special Ed
Poop Ninja
Type in the middle number (1118): 630

Post by Special Ed »

ThunderStick wrote:'cept Willie, Waylon and Merle made a lot of good music in the 70s.....but yeah, 99% of country music as it stands today is forgetable and regretable.
That is all that stations around here play so I refuse to listen. Perception is reality.

Don't get me wrong, I can get into old Cash, Nelson, and even some Hank, but the representation of Country music today is an image that makes me sick.
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Post by Ken G »

Don't you just love the way these intro's to the forum play themselves out?

Anyone who comes here is going to start thinking we're just a bunch of halfway house rejects that go off there meds and type whatever shit is in their heads.

Not sure about the meds part, but the rest holds true. :D
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com
Special Ed
Poop Ninja

Post by Special Ed »

Ken G wrote:Don't you just love the way these intro's to the forum play themselves out?

Anyone who comes here is going to start thinking we're just a bunch of halfway house rejects that go off there meds and type whatever shit is in their heads.

Not sure about the meds part, but the rest holds true. :D

Quit mucking up my thread with your jibberish old man.

:twisted:
Rob P
Troublemaker

Post by Rob P »

Ya old turf, stay off ...
This is edys intro..

Go ahead...
Scratch your nails on the chalk board and tell us how you'll catch that beeeg feeesh.
See the world before its gone!
Johndyers34

Post by Johndyers34 »

Rob P wrote:
Go ahead...
Scratch your nails on the chalk board and tell us how you'll catch that beeeg feeesh.
Quint, ''Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Not like going down the pond chasin' bluegills and tommycods. This shark, swallow you whole. Little shakin', little tenderizin', an' down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back your tourists, put all your businesses on a payin' basis. But it's not gonna be pleasant. I value my neck a lot more than three thousand bucks, chief. I'll find him for three, but I'll catch him, and kill him, for ten. But you've gotta make up your minds. If you want to stay alive, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, be on welfare the whole winter. I don't want no volunteers, I don't want no mates, there's just too many captains on this island. $10,000 for me by myself. For that you get the head, the tail, the whole damn thing."

Probably the greatest scene of that movie.
"The best fisherman I know try not to make the same mistakes over and over again; instead they strive to make new and interesting mistakes and to remember what they learned from them"-John Gierach

http://www.lostandfoundfishingthemidwest.com
ThunderStick

Post by ThunderStick »

Special Ed wrote:
ThunderStick wrote:'cept Willie, Waylon and Merle made a lot of good music in the 70s.....but yeah, 99% of country music as it stands today is forgetable and regretable.
That is all that stations around here play so I refuse to listen. Perception is reality.

Don't get me wrong, I can get into old Cash, Nelson, and even some Hank, but the representation of Country music today is an image that makes me sick.
The Outlaw station on Sirius or XM or whatever is the place to be. You'll never hear that faux country crapola there, I guarantee!
ThunderStick aka Paul
Rob P
Troublemaker

Post by Rob P »

paul is right, that is the coolest station.

no new crap made only for award shows!
See the world before its gone!
Special Ed
Poop Ninja

Post by Special Ed »

You guys pay for radio? :roll:

Ok, now I understand a little better the situation. Keep paying for radio guys and enjoy your boot kickin' and horse lickin' tunes without me.

:lol: