Norm Minas

Stop in and see who else you know is here. Introduce yourself and get the formalities out of the way.
Norm Minas

Norm Minas

Post by Norm Minas »

Live in Bourbonnais, mostly fish the Kankakke and it's tribs. Make trips south with a good friend Phil on his streams.

Married, # kids, work as train dispatcher.

Wade fish about 250 days a year.

Currently involved with Kankakee River Roundtable, government, business, conservation groups, ag groups, private citizens working on solutions for the sand issues that severely impact the river. Do some other dirty hands volunteer conservation work.

Weekly contributor to Dale bowman, sometimes to local paper. I used to write a lot, did stuff for Outdoor Notebook, Bronzeback Bulletin, etc. Contributed to article in Infisherman mag about 10 years ago.

curnudgeonly old fart, old hippy, used to be on the "Bus". now a wharfrat.
What a long, strange trip it still is .

Put a glide in your stride, a dip in your hip and come onto the mother ship .
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Re: Norm Minas

Post by Ken G »

Thought I heard they just broke ground for the Peotone airport. I still blame O'Hare for the degradation of the Des Plaines River years ago. It's better, but all those chemicals from the runway have to go somewhere, especially during the winter.

Ahhhh, jet noise. Can't wait I bet.

Last I heard you were a year or two younger than me. How can you be an old hippy and me an old punk?
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com
Special Ed
Poop Ninja
Type in the middle number (1118): 630

Post by Special Ed »

You two fishing side-by-side would make a great TV show.

The old fart hippie and the snarky punk geezer. I'd pay to watch that, I would.
Fishin Musician

Post by Fishin Musician »

Hey Norm, Thanks for the Hello on River Smallies coming from you it means a lot. I always get a hoot when I awaken and realize I am on this side of the block that I am on.. (56 soon to be 57) and have no clue except God's good graciousness on how I got here. I have said this to Ken a bunch But one day we have to get out and do some Fishing!!! Kevin
I am Kevin Summers and I have a Fishin Addiction....
Norm Minas

Post by Norm Minas »

Ken G wrote:Thought I heard they just broke ground for the Peotone airport. I still blame O'Hare for the degradation of the Des Plaines River years ago. It's better, but all those chemicals from the runway have to go somewhere, especially during the winter.

Ahhhh, jet noise. Can't wait I bet.

Last I heard you were a year or two younger than me. How can you be an old hippy and me an old punk?
attitude maybe, early political radicalization, early introduction to alternative states of mind. Grateful Dead, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Mason Profit , stuff like that.

south burb vs southwest side of city.

I guess how we were influenced early on, hippie chicks dug me. :D

Norm Minas

Post by Norm Minas »

Special Ed wrote:You two fishing side-by-side would make a great TV show.

The old fart hippie and the snarky punk geezer. I'd pay to watch that, I would.

Ken,

Do you think he's got enough to make it worthwhile. I think he just wants to horn in on all the chicks we attract. Especially the ones that lick each other.

Norm Minas

Post by Norm Minas »

Fishin Musician wrote:Hey Norm, Thanks for the Hello on River Smallies coming from you it means a lot. I always get a hoot when I awaken and realize I am on this side of the block that I am on.. (56 soon to be 57) and have no clue except God's good graciousness on how I got here. I have said this to Ken a bunch But one day we have to get out and do some Fishing!!! Kevin

We would have to find someplace to lock up our motorized scooters. :D

It would be an exceptional group of experience out there.

Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Post by Ken G »

Norm Minas wrote:I guess how we were influenced early on, hippie chicks dug me. :D
I'm older than you and gave up on the hippie crap in 1972 when I found Eno.

I did go see Quicksilver though and I was the only one in the first 10 rows that didn't fall asleep at a GD concert when they went on one of their long drawn out musical trips to LaLa Land. I also have flashbacks occasionally. I enjoy them.

Punk chicks have muscle tone, don't smell like incense and have piercings in fascinating places.

The show thing could be interesting, we'll bring Kev too. Opening shot, the three of us tooling down a dirt road in our Hover Rounds ala Mayberry and Andy Griffith. Your kid could be Opie coming along to keep an eye on us.

Opening music would have to be Taj Mahal and his Catfish Blues.
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com
Norm Minas

Post by Norm Minas »