Fox River Fishin Musician

Stop in and see who else you know is here. Introduce yourself and get the formalities out of the way.
twade
Type in the middle number (1118): 630

Re: Fox River Fishin Musician

Post by twade »

Very nice line of guitars GD.

I have down sized sense about five years ago. Sold most of my recording gear and pretty much stopped buying instruments. I used to have some nice vintage keys like the sequential Prophet 5 and more modern - at least at the time- Rolands.

I can fake my way through a six string but untimely I am a bass player. My pride is my Jetglo 4003 Rickenbacker.

In fact I still have some gear I need to get rid of.
Fishin Musician

Post by Fishin Musician »

The only problem with getting rid of gear is the bite you take in resale .. I would say .30 cents on the dollar. I have 3 2-15 bass cabinets which are collecting dust , medium size pa system .4 basses 3 guitars yamaha os9 88 key synth / piano well you get the picture. My 2 sons play guitar and bass so the vintage gear is theirs when I go... i own a Rick 1975 when I tried to sell it I couldn't believe how little I was getting offered.. I also have a 10 song original cd. sold some copies Saturday night at the GIG..Still playing , writing, recording.....Fishin. The Fox River Fishin Musician
I am Kevin Summers and I have a Fishin Addiction....
Johndyers34

Post by Johndyers34 »

I've played drums for going on 13 years now. Haven't picked up the sticks since last summer. I might need to clean the garage out to set up the set again.
"The best fisherman I know try not to make the same mistakes over and over again; instead they strive to make new and interesting mistakes and to remember what they learned from them"-John Gierach

http://www.lostandfoundfishingthemidwest.com
twade

Post by twade »

Most of the gear, especially the electronics, took a big hit. Nothing I could do about it. No space for it and not playing them, most of it went out the door for a steal. Had to move it.

Surprised the rick couldn't get a hit. I have had offers for mine well over what I paid and I am not moving it. Others I knew had equal luck that did sell them, just need the right buyer I guess.

John.. get your sticks out. I need to pick up Trace Elliot and 10's 15's .. blow the roof off.
Fishin Musician

I actually played the Ric a bit Saturday night it is a cannon but I prefer my Fender Jazz and G&L 2000 American made as far as tone goes. I bought mine for $700.00 37 years ago and have been offered $1500.00. I believe for the shape its in and the New Rick case its worth closer to $2000.00 High $1800.00 low. Just can't see giving up to someone for less would rather keep it in the family. I know what you mean about electric gear TWade. i bought a Roland portable studio for a grand and have seen them for as little as $200.00 on Craigslist. I will use mine till it pukes... or I write that hit song which ever happens first :lol: I am still playing out so equipment isn't gathering too much dust but My Heavier Bass gear is getting a bit Too Heavy for this old player to move around. Set up the Drums Jon... at the very least it would be Good Therapy!!! 8-)
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Post by Ken G »

My neighbor plays for Lil Ed and the Blues Imperials.
They don't play around here much lately so they don't burn out their welcome.

They'll be at Blues Fest in Chicago in June and he mentioned they'll be playing in Joliet this summer. Can't remember the date, but I'll be going to that one. I hate going into Chicago.

Don't know how often it's done, but BB King recently gave him an autographed guitar.

I bug him all the time that I don't hear any noise coming from his house. He says he doesn't want to annoy the neighbors. I told him he's the homeowner and the rest are pretty much renters. Annoy the hell out of them and maybe they'll move. We can use a little thinning of the herd around here.
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com
Fishin Musician

Right after I moved out here, I was playing with Eddy Clearwater and he offered me a job to play bass and go to Paris for 3 weeks. 3 days later my New employer The Village of South Elgin offered me an Assistant Superintendent position. Really didn't take much thought , driving to Bellwood 60 miles a day(roundtrip) Laboring... Had been At the Village of Bellwood for 21 years, and I was 51 yrs old still throwing garbage in a truck, cutting trees and lifting logs... some days up to my elbows in shit with the sanitary sewers, No wonder I sang the blues!!! My Pension transferred over and as the Village Arborist at South Elgin I have had a very active part fighting EAB(Emerald Ash Borer ) and reforesting the Village. As the Rolling Stones said You can't always get what you want but you get what you need... Then there is that Family First Thing ... :roll: What a life ...Nobody Knows what Tomorrow will bring.
twade

Post by twade »

There is a sustain in the ric that I just love. I am, or at least was, pretty good at getting some of the "tin" out of the strings and getting a really good smooth bottom end. Considering that Paul McCarthy and Lemmy can get tones that are completely opposite from the same instrument shows both how versatile the instrument can be and how a person really needs to learn how to set up EQ's and preamps to find a sound.

I remember falling in love with a G&L fret-less. At the time however it was out of my price range,

Sadly $200 for a $1000 piece of electronic sounds like a good turn over.

Bellwood, I grew up in Maywood. The hood... don't mess it.