Sunday 4/22

That's what this one is about. If you're planning on fishing and want company, put that here. If the fish talk you have to say doesn't fit anywhere else, that can go here too.
Special Ed
Poop Ninja
Type in the middle number (1118): 630

Sunday 4/22

Post by Special Ed »

I'm fishing somewhere, morning or afternoon?

Let's see... USGS gauge at Montgomery has the Fox sitting at 2300 cfs. We got rain on the way today, tomorrow and maybe Saturday...

Guess I'll be puddle jumping. I'm thinking Farmington and Fermi.

I have a new build I need to test out, not sure if it's a good jig stick or topwater stick yet.

Anyone else planning on getting out?
Nick

Re: Sunday 4/22

Post by Nick »

Definitely getting out one of the weekend days.

The wife has something going on Sunday, though I am not sure what time. i am thinking it is early evening
Johndyers34

Post by Johndyers34 »

Yea, my plan is to get out Sunday. I need to try the FSA Fly Rod soon! This way I can get my formal write up on the blog about it.
"The best fisherman I know try not to make the same mistakes over and over again; instead they strive to make new and interesting mistakes and to remember what they learned from them"-John Gierach

http://www.lostandfoundfishingthemidwest.com
Special Ed
Poop Ninja

Post by Special Ed »

Such is life... plans change.

:cry:

Wife msg'd me a while ago, check engine light and dead battery on the mini-van.

Plans are on hold till I know what the deal is. We have been having nothing but problems with this Chrysler pos since we bought it.

My mechanic found out I traded in my Nissan for this shitbox and told me specifically never to bring it to him. Apparently I don't make enough money to pay him to keep it running.

great
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Post by Ken G »

At high water I have two words for you.

Shit plant.

I may finally get around to hitting my secret ponds. If I bring anyone or tell you where they are, they won't be a secret now will they. And in a lapse of judgement, if I did mention the general area to anyone here, Ed (I can't remember), and it gets mentioned here, you'll be banned for life. :twisted:

Also Ed, you do know there is a decent creek near you that does pretty decent this time of year if you hit it at the right time.

I was invited to Fermi a few times 10-12 years ago. Never did make it.
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com
Special Ed
Poop Ninja

Post by Special Ed »

Ken,

You told me. I've seen them on a map, look promising but I'm not ready to be the explorer at the moment.

I should take you to Fermi when the smallies are on beds. You'd be amazed at how many and how big they are.

It would be interesting to see how many fish you could catch out there (sunnys not included). It's a very tough lake for many guys. Seriously.

If you feel like a drive Sunday give me a call. I'm not mentally prepared to wade through effluent after high water. Last time I did that I tried to keep pace with the terds that were floating out of the separators and almost fell in trying to keep up.
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Post by Ken G »

You do know I fished private lakes out in Virginia for 23 years. I think I know how to do clear water ponds.

I just don't talk about it cause they were private and I don't fish ponds/lakes in Illinois. There's no comparison.

We'll go, let me know when.

I just may do my secret ponds this weekend. We'll see.
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com
Special Ed
Poop Ninja

Post by Special Ed »

Clear water ponds these may be but they are a far cry from the ones you fished. I've had humbling days out there believe me.

I'm trying to figure out my schedule for the weekend. Did some work on the van last night and found some issues. At the moment we are going to see how she works this weekend before we decide to fix or scrap the thing.

If the weather stays decent I'd like to get my kids out for a bit. Especially if they seem to be feeling better. Even if it's just a couple hours at Phillips park playing at the playground and checking out the ghetto zoo.

It's also possible that I may have a really good day at home with them Saturday and I can sweet talk my way out Saturday afternoon for a walk around a couple ponds. Cory even mentioned wanting to get out.

I'm really just antsy to get one of my recent personal builds out on the water for it's first fish... also waiting on a package from my favorite plastics wizard...
Johndyers34

Post by Johndyers34 »

Well keep my posted on your plans Ed. I think you should be there for the maiden voyage of the Steel Custom Fly Rod. I can get out for a few hours this weekend.
"The best fisherman I know try not to make the same mistakes over and over again; instead they strive to make new and interesting mistakes and to remember what they learned from them"-John Gierach

http://www.lostandfoundfishingthemidwest.com
Rob P
Troublemaker

Post by Rob P »

Edy
My club in New Lenox has a 3d archery event this weekend.
its off I355 at Rt6, just south of the lab.

Saturday we have 2 family confirmations.

Sunday if not raining we going about 1pm to the 3d event..

get the damn van fixed and come shoot pointy things at critters!
See the world before its gone!