Leaving you a gift as I move to Nashville...

Mazon, Vermillion, Illinois, Rock, Galena, Apple, Kish, Mississippi and everything that flows into them. If any one gets more posts than the others, I'll give it it's own forum.
GreatfulDad

Leaving you a gift as I move to Nashville...

Post by GreatfulDad »

Hey Guys-

Ran into a kayaker on the Kishwaukee the other day...snuck up behind me quietly and I jumped. After laughing we chatted and after seeing my fly rod suggested I try the Kilbuck. Searched it on google and found it by driving up RT 39 and got off at RT 72. Went west to the river and climbed in on the north side. Caught a few small bronzies right away on a small streamer and after awhile aftere one about 16 a bit further down...rifle pool stuff...and then the water got deeper and slower. Fished the fare east bank and landed about a 30" pike that clobbered my fly. silty right there and gave up after seeing a couple of local children playing downstream. Nice clear water and mostly rocky. Went back to the bridge and waded upstream...great looking water...and not a hit.

Lots of water upstream and if I didn't need a place to live in Nashville I'd go splorin some more. Check it out...just thought I'd leave you a gift that isn't as far away as the Apple...damn gas prices!

A guy in a nice red Ram did stop by as I was de-wadering and asked if I saw the no trespass signs...I hadn't really.

good luck and tight lines!
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Re: Leaving you a gift as I move to Nashville...

Post by Ken G »

I've had Kilbuck on my radar for a long time. Never did get there.

I should go there. I've been trying to get arrested on a creek for over a decade. I get in at roads, so there's really nothing they can do about it. They like to say they own to the middle of the creek.

Go get your deed, I tell them, bet it says nothing about the creek.

That usually ends the conversation.

Once upon a time I wanted to get lost in Illiinois' little corner of the driftless area. There's been a confirmed creek with actual wild trout. Problem is, no access. But you just never know...

And hey, there already is an Out of State section on here. I rarely look at it so forgot about it. Nobody ever posts there. So don't be a stranger and learn to post an occasional picture.
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com