Recent Rod Builds`

And everything in between. Got questions or want to showcase what you have or make, leave that info here.
Special Ed
Poop Ninja
Type in the middle number (1118): 630

Recent Rod Builds`

Post by Special Ed »

I'm just starting to catch up with builds so that customers are getting rods in 2 to 3 months instead of 4 to 6. :oops:

Here are a few pictures of the last group of rods I completed end of last year, beginning of this year:

Custom built for Travis Crosman of StankX Bait Co. 6'10" ML spinning rod, metallic toxic green and black thread, EVA grips, Green Carbon Fiber/Fuji reel seat.

Custom built for Alan Wiedmeyer. 7' spinning rod candy apple and gold thread, full cork grips

Custom built for Matt Coppolino. 4 pc. 6wt. 11' St. Croix switch rod blank, dirty clay/gold/silver thread, pac bay minima guides with custom cork grip. (first split grip float rod I've ever heard of or seen done)

Custom built for Nick Doumel. 4 piece, 2wt. 6' fly rod, tanzanite blue metallic and slate grey thread, custom cork and rosewood/polished nickel reel seat.

That is about 1/2 of what I've done since November.
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Re: Recent Rod Builds`

Post by Ken G »

If all goes well I'll be working soon. I have a few old rods I want to see if you can salvage. If nothing else, I think they'll make nice wall hangers. One is an old baitcaster that was made after WWII. They made them out of the surplus jeep antenaes left over from the war. Needs a new grip. I just like it for what it is.

Nice rods you've built. If you were building nothing but fly rods and promoting it right, I bet you could clean up.
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com
Rickles

Post by Rickles »

Very nice rods!

What do you charge for builds? I might be looking for a custom rod next year.
Special Ed
Poop Ninja
Type in the middle number (1118): 630

Post by Special Ed »

Custom 2 wt. fly rod I built for an accountant friend:

Rickles

Post by Rickles »

Nice!