Rickles (Rick) checking in...

Stop in and see who else you know is here. Introduce yourself and get the formalities out of the way.
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Re: Rickles (Rick) checking in...

Post by Ken G »

IT"S FRANK.

You know Dale's been running this every week...
DuPAGE RIVER

Frank Macikas expects to start reports soon.
Waiting patiently.

My meet up ability is getting more fucked up every week. Plan around me. On top of being diagnosed with severe RA a couple of months ago and being on chemo, my wife was just told on Monday she also has fibromyalgia. After two days of wanting to die, she's shaken it off like usual, puts her head down and plods along waiting for the next bad news.

Everything will be planned around her good days, if she's having one, I hang out with her.

You can see what that does to my ability to schedule, but that's life at the moment.
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com
Frank Macikas

Post by Frank Macikas »

It is me; I didnt realize Dale has been running that. I sent him an email a few weeks ago that I was determined to get out more this year. With this job I started last September I have more flexibility than I have had in a few years; alot or work but I can chose when and where I work. Plus my office is about a 1/2 mile from the canoe launch on caton farm in plainfield which should allow me to at least get some early morning/ mid afternoon/ late afternoon wade fishing in if not a full blown float. I just need to find some realtors who like to fish and I can call it a sales call........ I wish the best for both you and your wife and I hope you are both feeling better soon! Shoot me a message or give me a call if you still have my # if you want to meet up out by you. I am out and about all the time and the waders and gear are about to stay in the truck for the season, just in case of emergancys (like new moving water).
Rickles

Post by Rickles »

Same here, sorry to hear about all the health issues. I can fully appreciate the issues that come up.

Guys, if we wanted to meet up this summer for the Morris part of the Mazon, my in-laws are less than 1.5 miles from that section of the river that Ken mentioned. We could all meet there and shuttle over somehow. No car parking on the river needed/

Just a thought.