Dupage 4/4

East and West Branches plus the main stem, not much to look at sometimes, but an astonishing fishery.
Frank Macikas

Dupage 4/4

Post by Frank Macikas »

Well I was able to make my first trip to the river for a few hours today and I have to say it felt good to be back out on the water. I almost forgot how calming it is being out hearing nothing but rushing water, wind, and fish splashing!

I fished a short stretch of river down river from the Sheply Rd Bridge and picked up one smallie around 15", solid and it put up a nice fight. This fish was caught on a seam by drifting a medium roach and a split shot about 12" up from the hook.

As I made my way down river I fished the backwater area and this is where things got good. I caught about seven largemouth the biggest was pushing 4 pounds; all of these fish also came a little off of the current from where the river dumps into the lake on a white 1/4oz double bladed spinnerbait.

Water levels are what I consider perfect flowing around 250cfs at the Shorewood gauge and water is very very clear; around 5 feet clarity in most areas.

Fish are fattening up for the spawn and with weather like today its a perfect time to get out. I will be planning more outings and my gear is not staying in the truck until late fall.......

Frank
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Re: Dupage 4/4

Post by Ken G »

Some time Saturday I'll be cruising through Shorewood and there is one stretch there I like to fish.

Or, head back home and go hit three creeks.

I guess I'll decide as I drive.

At least now you have something to send to Dale... :D :D :D
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com
Special Ed
Poop Ninja
Type in the middle number (1118): 630

Re: Dupage 4/4

Post by Special Ed »

Great news Frank. Look forward to more reports from you.