Where's the $#@!^& forum?

That's what this one is about. If you're planning on fishing and want company, put that here. If the fish talk you have to say doesn't fit anywhere else, that can go here too.
Special Ed
Poop Ninja
Type in the middle number (1118): 630

Where's the $#@!^& forum?

Post by Special Ed »

The ice fishing forum?

:lol:

Paul (Thunderstick) have you been out on your local spot yet? I was out over the weekend, Channel Lake on the chain, lots of dinky gills and a dozen or so respectable fish.

Walk on Water this weekend Bangs lake... anyone going?
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Re: Where's the $#@!^& forum?

Post by Ken G »

If you would scroll further down you would see a whole section on lakes and ponds.

What, not good enough for you?

During the winter they freeze up, so leave something there.
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com
Special Ed
Poop Ninja

Post by Special Ed »

Ken G wrote:If you would scroll further down you would see a whole section on lakes and ponds.

What, not good enough for you?

During the winter they freeze up, so leave something there.

Yea, but that is all the way down at the bottom, that means I have to scroll. :roll:
ThunderStick

Post by ThunderStick »

I've not been out to my pond yet, the ice finally got into a state I feel comfortable in using. Measured it last nite, 4.25". I did hit Pistakee last Saturday and experienced the worst, most rotten ice I've ever been on. I noticed that it actually degraded in the 4 hours we were on it. No WOW for me, I'll be hitting local spots this weekend and then next weekend getting on my glory hole on the strip mines (which should be locked in, finally). I cant wait for that. You interested in going Eddie? I have a spot that does not disappoint....nice gills, crappies, bass and toothy critters too! Throw in the occaisional poich and rocky and call it a buffet.
ThunderStick aka Paul
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Post by Ken G »

Special Ed wrote:Yea, but that is all the way down at the bottom, that means I have to scroll. :roll:
I assumed as much.
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com
Special Ed
Poop Ninja

Post by Special Ed »

ThunderStick wrote:No WOW for me, I'll be hitting local spots this weekend and then next weekend getting on my glory hole on the strip mines (which should be locked in, finally). I cant wait for that. You interested in going Eddie? I have a spot that does not disappoint....nice gills, crappies, bass and toothy critters too! Throw in the occaisional poich and rocky and call it a buffet.
Just got the word WOW was cancelled, so no WOW for anyone.

If you are heading out ice fishing this weekend Paul, call me. I am watching my kids for most of the weekend, or working, but it would be nice to hear from you! (630)200-0843

WOW cancellation info:

ATTENTION: Due to circumstances beyond our control - W.O.W. has been cancelled.

As some of you know, last night a couple of ATV’s went through the ice at Bangs Lake. While most of you were out fighting the morning commute - we had a small team of guys drilling holes working diligently to mark questionable areas so that we could continue with Walk on Water.

Though their efforts were diligent, the Village of Wauconda pulled the permits for W.O.W.

Between the ATV going through the ice and the news of a body being recovered at a nearby lake the Village made a decision on the side of safety. Though this is tough on us, we support it.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and we will follow up with more details on this event and cancellation date . Thanks for your understanding.
ThunderStick

Post by ThunderStick »

Oh man, sorry Ed, I didnt see your post until today. My furnace conked out on me Thursday nite and I've been preoccupied with that although I did get out on Sunday with mixed results.

And given what happened with the warm up and the damned rain, no way the ice is gonna be my required level of safe at my club this coming weekend.
ThunderStick aka Paul
Special Ed
Poop Ninja

Post by Special Ed »

ThunderStick wrote:Oh man, sorry Ed, I didnt see your post until today. My furnace conked out on me Thursday nite and I've been preoccupied with that although I did get out on Sunday with mixed results.

And given what happened with the warm up and the damned rain, no way the ice is gonna be my required level of safe at my club this coming weekend.

No worries, I was knee deep in Thomas the Tank Engine and diapers all weekend. Hoping next weekend or the weekend after we get one last shot at it!
ThunderStick

Post by ThunderStick »

Fingers crossed on that one last shot.....
ThunderStick aka Paul
ThunderStick

Post by ThunderStick »

Headed to Delavan this coming Sunday for the tip-up bash if todays rain doesnt destroy the ice. Man, this ice fishing business is becoming an effort in futility.
ThunderStick aka Paul