What year spawn??

From the Wisconsin border to the Illinois River, some of the best and easily accessible fishing in the Chicago area.
Fishin Musician

What year spawn??

Post by Fishin Musician »

So have been hearing about and seeing a lot of 4 to 6 inch bass. It must have been a good year for spawning.. I am guessing three or 4 years ago but in 2007 we had very high water at least in the summer. Any Ideas? I also caught a nice 161/2 smallie on the day of the tournament,wasn't entered and only had an hour to fish. I found it great because in my mind I could have been a contender!!! :shock: I have been playing out with the Plant band the last couple of weeks, and it has taken my mind off of not being able to wade , and the pain of healing my achilles operation. I am thinking about next year , :(
I am Kevin Summers and I have a Fishin Addiction....
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Re: What year spawn??

Post by Ken G »

4-6 inch would be last years, I think. They grow faster than you think. This years is already up to almost 3 inches.

The river was 19,000 cfs in the middle of September 2008. Blew out the fishing till last year. 100s of 4-6 inch fish then.

Smallie growth rate is a myth as stated. I just don't believe they grow that slow.
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com
Fishin Musician

Post by Fishin Musician »

Thanks Ken, The more I know .. The less I know... I am an OXYMORON :o
I am Kevin Summers and I have a Fishin Addiction....
Norm Minas

Post by Norm Minas »

Fishin Musician wrote:Thanks Ken, The more I know .. The less I know... I am an OXYMORON :o
Is that worse than being a musician ?
What a long, strange trip it still is .

Put a glide in your stride, a dip in your hip and come onto the mother ship .