6-19

Fine, be that way. You can leave those reports here.
Norm Minas

6-19

Post by Norm Minas »

The rain over the weekend saw the flow rates on the river increase 10 times in less than 24 hours. Of course it hadn't been so low, so early since the late 80's. Two days later the level has fallen to half of what is was Sunday. It's just a little over normal flow for this time of year. The river is still very murky, no debris really flowing except some weed pieces. I didn't bother with water temps today.

Just as the water is dropping quickly, so the fish are moving off the shoreline slack stuff and back to the usual haunts. Today was crankbaits all day, Bandit 200's and 300's mostly quarter cast up and downstream. I also mixed in some straight upstream retieves. The most sucessful method was stop and go, most hits after starting up again.

The fish were on midstream humps, on channel edges, riffle areas inflows[out toward the end of the confluence] and bridge pilings. It took some careful wading and longer casts than I like to make to reach some of the areas.

I did try a jig/plastic but all that got me was three clams so I quit that.

Not a bad day 19 smallmouth, a few really good ones, mostly medium sized fish.

I had one dude tell me I shouldn't leave fish to find fish. I told him that if I could find these fish, I should be able to find others.You have to belive in your abilities
What a long, strange trip it still is .

Put a glide in your stride, a dip in your hip and come onto the mother ship .
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Re: 6-19

Post by Ken G »

I can't seem to bring myself to get out in this heat.

Must be getting old.

The Fox is starting to look like a trickle.
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com
Norm Minas

Re: 6-19

Post by Norm Minas »

wish I didn't have all these heart meds that make me bleed easy and bruise easier. I'd rather wet wade but that's out so I die in the breathables. When thru 4 bottles of ice water today and finally quit about 1:30. The fact that I only got three fish after noon hit, made it easier. One was a pig but the other two weren't. Heading back out in a bit
What a long, strange trip it still is .

Put a glide in your stride, a dip in your hip and come onto the mother ship .