Golden Bones and Silver Drums

Some like it, some don't. If you're fishing its major tributary, Salt Creek, leave those posts here.
Nick
Type in the middle number (1118): 630

Golden Bones and Silver Drums

Post by Nick »

In honor of the Memorial Day weekend, I decided to take advantage of the freedom that these brave men and women provided to me by grabbing the fly rod, waders, and heading out in search of some big fish.

Rather than going to one of the places that I already know, I decided to check out a new spot that another local angler had told me about. As soon as I arrived and made the trek down the wooded trail towards the creek, I instantly knew that I had made the right decision.

Carp were everywhere and I almost instantly hooked up. On Monday, I went 2 for 6 on carp.
This is the first one that I landed which was the third attempt on the day.

After catching this one, I decided to head further downstream and ran into another member there! We chatted and fished. He ended up catching a couple drum, a nice smallie, and a big channel cat! I missed quite a few gar and landed a couple of drum on the fly - a new first for me!

After that, I hit the creek again and had a carp pull out 100 feet of fly line and at least 25 yards of backing. It was incredible!!!!!!!!

More details and pics on the blog!!
http://www.brookfieldangler.com/2012/05 ... drums.html