Dan R AKA Navyfisher AKA The Impractical Fisherman

Stop in and see who else you know is here. Introduce yourself and get the formalities out of the way.
Dan R

Dan R AKA Navyfisher AKA The Impractical Fisherman

Post by Dan R »

Hello all,

If You don't know me my name is Dan, I fish and Blog. Other than that I work for the government and play guitar. I don't think Al Gore invented the internet for tough guys so I try to let things slide and be a voice of reason or support.

If you don't like that then I am 8 feet tall and participate in mixed martial arts.

i am here to talk about fish, learn what I can and help out people when I can be it with knowlege, support or just a good laugh.

I'm looking forward to being a part of this forum,
Ken thanks for making it public, you da man.

Dan
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Re: Dan R AKA Navyfisher AKA The Impractical Fisherman

Post by Ken G »

Luckily you know some of the people here Dan, so their comments will come as no surprise. :D

For as much as the guys that know each other like to ride each other, I'm hoping the newbies will take advantage of what I think is a warehouse of knowledge. Plus I learn from them.

They'll learn to put up with the regulars, they're pretty harmless afterall, and they'll learn to ignore them like I do. :D

That was a nice looking big bass you got recently. Even cooler getting it while in a kayak.
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com
Dan R

Post by Dan R »

Thanks Ken, I am not big bass obsessed but it is cool when one takes me for a ride. I hope this thing takes off.
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Post by Ken G »

I'll settle for a bunch of good people hanging out.

I'll have to look into whether or not I can get photos to automatically resize to fit here. Or you can click on them for bigger images.
I do all my shots at 6 inch by 8 inch at 72 ppi. Perfect fit. But I use the same for my blog. I know you have yours on your blog where you can click on the image to see them bigger.

Hopefully it will be something simple to find and implement. I'm no coder.

So, you fish, blog, play guitar and work for the government. I'm assuming the last one leaves you plenty of time to do the first three.

At least it works for Ed and Rob. :P
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com
Special Ed
Poop Ninja
Type in the middle number (1118): 630

Post by Special Ed »

Welcome Dan!

Like you need another forum to peruse right?! LOL

Hope the CA job works out as well for you as the fishing has! Damn did you find a honey hole or what? :twisted:

I think Dan is the only guy here that has a proper sense of humor about himself which makes it almost impossible to make fun of him. It's not that he doesn't deserve it, it's just that he KNOWS he deserves it and sets himself up for self-ridicule before anyone else gets the chance to get a dig in edge-wise.

Plus he's a vet and a damn good stick so I tend to read his stuff looking for info and not looking for a place to take a shot.

Dan, got to get you hooked up with the guys in LaJolla soon. Sleigh-ride time is fast approaching!
Dan R

Post by Dan R »

Thanks Ed, means a lot coming from you. Thanks for all the help you've given me.

There has to be some training Argon is willing to send you out on the West Coast... 8-)
Rob P
Troublemaker
Type in the middle number (1118): 630

Post by Rob P »

welcome.
fish-govt-guitar.
yep all 3 for me.

did have a canow for a while but never tried fishing from a kayak.
My bride would clobber me if i bought one more thing that floats!
See the world before its gone!
Dan R

Post by Dan R »

Rob P wrote:welcome.
fish-govt-guitar.
yep all 3 for me.

did have a canow for a while but never tried fishing from a kayak.
My bride would clobber me if i bought one more thing that floats!
I bet she'd just wound you deeply... 8-)