Dupage 4/6/11

East and West Branches plus the main stem, not much to look at sometimes, but an astonishing fishery.
Frank Macikas

Dupage 4/6/11

Post by Frank Macikas »

I headed to the river in Plainfield yesterday for about two hours. Since the water temps are still pretty cold I stuck with what has been very productive for me; drifting medium roaches. I was fishing a long flat about four to five feet deep mid river. I managed to pick up five very nice smallies; an 18", 17.5", 16.5", 15.5", and a 15" all from the same flat. I missed at least as many fish if not double what I managed to catch. All but one bite was very light; the drift just stops and you feel a little weight when pulling. The problem I was having was a kept getting hung up on a boulder and would pull it free with a little pressure; the problem being alot of the missed bites were in the same spot so when I started pulling it was a fish and not the boulder. I missed a very nice fish this way and only realized I wasn't hung up when I saw the fish roll; by then I missed the hookset. Guess I'm still knocking a little rust off. Water levels remain great and with the warmup this weekend I'll bet that the bite will be on.

Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Re: Dupage 4/6/11

Post by Ken G »

Sounds to me like they were all hiding behind the same boulder.
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com
Frank Macikas

Post by Frank Macikas »

Ken G wrote:Sounds to me like they were all hiding behind the same boulder.
I believe you are correct sir
Dan
Asshole
Type in the middle number (1118): 630

Post by Dan »

Nice work Frank.