Talk about an eye opener...

Like any other blog, random thoughts on random subjects. Might be interesting, or not. I probably won't be putting up much more here. I have other blogs. Only registered users can see this forum.
Ed79

Talk about an eye opener...

Post by Ed79 »

http://www.chicagolandfishing.com/forum ... hp?t=77339

Normally don't like to link to other sites here, but localyokal is an excellent source of knowledge on the Kank, a great fisherman, and he really knows his shit. Really sad posts. :(
ThunderStick

Re: Talk about an eye opener...

Post by ThunderStick »

Yeah, I've met Mike. He definitely knows the Kank and the strip mines.
ThunderStick aka Paul
Ed79

Post by Ed79 »

Absolutely. He put me on my first fish on the Kank last year, and shared the secret of the helgie with me as well. Sounds like the poor fishing isn't just limited to the Fox... ALL the rivers have taken a hit, and really, only one thing in common amongst all the rivers. The damn flooding.
Special Ed
Poop Ninja
Type in the middle number (1118): 630

Post by Special Ed »

I sent him a message. He is definitely someone I'd love to talk to.

Thanks for posting this!
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Post by Ken G »

Informative links to other sites are always welcome. The bullshit can stay where it started. :D

I never did finish my Fox theories. Similar to what I read in the link. I tend to be less critical of sources like Rung though. I may not agree with him and I let him know that, but the conversations tend to boil down to comparisons of science and observation.

I think I confuse him at times with my observations.

High sustained water affects things. We had high sustained water for almost 4 years. Comment came up about why it didn't effect carp. Many years ago me and a friend were walking on a normally dry path along the river. We were in water up to our knees and chasing carp through the woods. This was at Les Arends. I have a feeling they got out fine when the water started coming down. I don't think the game fish reacted the same way to the water.

More later.
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com
Norm Minas

Post by Norm Minas »

some good stuff in the thread. until the sand/sediment issue gets solved the flooding won't go away. in fact it will get worse.

i just wish more people would get involved with trying to fix it, especially some younger folk. sad when i'm one of the youngest guys in the meetings.
What a long, strange trip it still is .

Put a glide in your stride, a dip in your hip and come onto the mother ship .