Anyone up for the Duper tomorrow (Friday 9/17)

That's what this one is about. If you're planning on fishing and want company, put that here. If the fish talk you have to say doesn't fit anywhere else, that can go here too.
Frank Macikas

Anyone up for the Duper tomorrow (Friday 9/17)

Post by Frank Macikas »

Anyone going to be out on the Dupage tomorrow or want to meet up on the Duper? I just put my two weeks notice in yesterday to start working on my own as a contract closer for a few title companies. I have one sick day left at the current job so I figured I'd better use it or I'll lose it and tomorrow is supposed to be a beautiful day. Have a alot of different stretches bouncing around in my head and havent been able to decide where to fish yet. Do I go with proven spots or take some time for some exploring which I have not done near the amount that I was planning on this summer with all the high water. Anyway the only thing I have to do is drop the kids off at school around 8:45 in Bolingbrook then my day is free. If anyone is interested let me know!
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Re: Anyone up for the Duper tomorrow (Friday 9/17)

Post by Ken G »

Work had me driving all up and down the West Branch all day Friday. Clear and relatively low. I need to start packing a small rod in the car.

So, how'd you do?
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com
Frank Macikas

Re: Anyone up for the Duper tomorrow (Friday 9/17)

Post by Frank Macikas »

Just walked in the door; did a shortened float trip that still took 8+ hrs?? It was a TOUGH day! I have no idea why; conditions are perfect. I only managed 3 dink smallies and two largemouth around 10". The guy I met up with today got 3 smallies all together but one was a nice 17.5" chunk. And that was towards the end of the trip. Im headed back out in the morning hopefully for a better day and not more punishment. We didnt even see any fish today; normally I'll see a ton of bass cruising or holding in holes or deeper water but NOTHING not even many carp today??? I have been racking my brain and cant figure it out; anyone have any ideas?? I