Hickory creek

Mazon, Vermillion, Illinois, Rock, Galena, Apple, Kish, Mississippi and everything that flows into them. If any one gets more posts than the others, I'll give it it's own forum.
smallmouthfisher
Type in the middle number (1118): 630

Hickory creek

Post by smallmouthfisher »

This is quoted from my buddy Jake just wanted to share

[quote="FireOnTheWater"]Got out today with Sammie again to Hickory Creek. Place was up about 6 inches or so from when I hit it in April. Totally different place. Much more big fish potential than last time. More pools, less dead stretches, more big rocks for cover.

We got out of the cars around 8:15am and geared up. Went with spinning gear today due to high wind gusts predicted all day. Good idea. Lots of casting 3 feet to the left of your target to account for the wind.

Sam's first cast got hit 3 times on the retrieve but no hook-up. Third cast was the charm though!

I told Sam he never smiles for pictures and looks like a thug. This was his non-thug pose.

We preferred the thug pose after that.

Spent most of our time working pools and bends and shadows that looked alot like this.

Beautiful day on the water. Lots of bridges to cast around and rest upon.

We managed 4 or 5 fish each, most of which were about this size.

In short, a beautiful spot...

and a nice walk...
[img]http://fishing-headquarters.com/galleries/albums/u
Frank Macikas

Re: Hickory creek

Post by Frank Macikas »

Awesome looking fish! Hickory Creek looks like a nice place; never fished there before.
Ed79

Re: Hickory creek

Post by Ed79 »

Where abouts were you guys at Sam? I've really only fished near the VFW and slightly upstream from there a bit, behind the railroad tracks. Need to do some more exploring. Hickory Creek is awesome.