Dupage 8/25 Bolingbrook

East and West Branches plus the main stem, not much to look at sometimes, but an astonishing fishery.
Frank Macikas

Dupage 8/25 Bolingbrook

Post by Frank Macikas »

Hit a new stretch of river I have been meaning to put more time into learning today. Fished just downriver of the confluence of the east and west branches today. This is a stretch I will definitely be fishing more. Its alot closer than driving down to Plainfield, Shorewood, or Channahon and it has some decent fish. I ended up with 5 smallies landed and 1 lost at hand. The 5 landed were all between 10-13" and the one lost looked to be more in the 14-15" range (isnt that how it always is?). All fish were next to fast current and were caught on chigger craws and jig. Color was pumpkin blue flake and pumkin green flake. Both 3" and 4" craws took fish. I did miss a few other bites too but didnt wait long enough to set the hook and just lost the claws. Water level seemed pretty normal and this stretch had around 3ft clarity in most spots. I did find one of the few drop off holes (take a step and gone) Ive seen on the Dupage. I took a step and oops nothing there; luckily I was able to get turned around and scramble back up before I was under. Heard a few owls hooting out there today as well. I wanted to take some pics but forgot my camera was still in the suitcase from last weekend. No rain in the forecast and a beatiful weekend coming; I CAN"T WAIT!!!