This Weekend

That's what this one is about. If you're planning on fishing and want company, put that here. If the fish talk you have to say doesn't fit anywhere else, that can go here too.
Frank Macikas

This Weekend

Post by Frank Macikas »

It has been awfully quite around here so does anyone have plans to make it out this weekend?? I have been praying for the rain to hold off all week and so far so good ( but I probably just jinxed it). I really miss fishing the Dupage and if the weather holds it should be in great shape this weekend which means wading Saturday and hopefully a float trip Sunday. I still cannot believe the amount and the frequency of the rain we have had this year! At least it has kept the weeds at bay for the most part and it will be interesting to see what changes the floods have made to the river too. Anyway I'm looking forward to reading and posting some reports!!
Norm Minas

Re: This Weekend

Post by Norm Minas »

Jig/pig has done the trick for me all week, fishing fast water. That was all I was carrying most of the day today, left the crankbaits in the car. For those that know how I fish that prolly comes as a bit of a shock.
What a long, strange trip it still is .

Put a glide in your stride, a dip in your hip and come onto the mother ship .
BrianZ

Post by BrianZ »

will be looking for some 'eyes starting about 3am and then some smallies until it gets too hot. will be between south elgin and algonquin on the fox. been a few weeks since i even tried and all the fun for a bit the night time largemouth buzzbait bite in the local lake is getting boring.
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Post by Ken G »

Norm is lucky the Kank is back to normal. The Fox should be there soon. End of August into October has always been my numbers months. Hopefully the rains will behave.
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com