4th of July

East and West Branches plus the main stem, not much to look at sometimes, but an astonishing fishery.
Frank Macikas

4th of July

Post by Frank Macikas »

I was able to make it out for a few hours again 4th of July morning. I met up with a fishing buddy of mine and his friend in plainfield around 7am. I picked up two dinks on a wacky rigged dinger and we had few other bites until we were just about to head to another spot; my buddys friend hooked into and lost at hand what was probably a 3lb largemouth. I occasionally catch largemouth in this section but never seen any like this! We fished a little longer and decided to head down to Shorewood where I had a pretty good luck Friday afternoon. By now its was probably close to 10am and getting HOT. As we were heading downstream we ran into more people than I ever have seen on the river at one time. Seemed like everytime we came around a bend there was someone fishing there. We only ended up with one fish and decided to call it a day.It looks like we are supposed to have another entire week of storms so we will have to wait and watch what happens to conditions but as of right now the river is in GREAT shape.