Hitting the pipe

That's what this one is about. If you're planning on fishing and want company, put that here. If the fish talk you have to say doesn't fit anywhere else, that can go here too.
ThunderStick

Hitting the pipe

Post by ThunderStick »

I live on a shallow 6 acre pond that is chock full of bass, kitties and panfish of various kinds. I busted my ass on Saturday taking down a large offending silver maple branch that was impeding the growth of a norwegian pine in my front yard so a little relaxing time was in order. Plans were made with my buddy Mike to swing by after dinner to fish an inflowing pipe on the pond. Dinner, btw, was boneless chicken thighs marinated in fresh sqeezed lime juice, black pepper and garlic cooked on the grill--delicious! So, the pipe is a no brainer when its flowing. Toss in a senko texas rigged, twitch it around and bang, you got a bass. We did that from 7:30 until it was too dark to see, around 10pm. The biggest bass was a 4 pounder. There were a bunch of short strikes so we switched over to 1/16oz jigheads and Gulp minnows and started pounding the crappies. Between me and Mike, we caught about 25 nice eating sized ones. Next time I target those things, I'll be keeping a mess for dinner.
ThunderStick aka Paul