5/18 Naperbrook

East and West Branches plus the main stem, not much to look at sometimes, but an astonishing fishery.
Frank Macikas

5/18 Naperbrook

Post by Frank Macikas »

Got out for about an hour or two after work today. Fished at 111th in Naperville/Bolingbrook. I wasnt really expecting to get much it was more to check out the conditions to get an idea of how this weekend might be and I was right; NOTHING. Water is still up at least a foot probably closer to two. Visibility is 6-8 inches and water is moving fairly quickly but not as fast as expected. Didnt really feel like fighting the current to go as far as I usually like to fish so stayed within 100-200 yds upstream of the bridge. Fished the laydowns, current seams and an undercut bank but no takers. I did notice that the high waters seem to have cleared out alot of the algea (I was able to throw a rebel craw without many problems). I thnk by this weekend things should be pretty close to normal again. Couldnt really see but I think the eel grass is starting to come up in some spots. Felt like I was walking through some patches and pulled a couple of strands up on my jig. I will be out this weekend and will post my reports after. Good luck out there!