April 27 Mazon River Late Report

Mazon, Vermillion, Illinois, Rock, Galena, Apple, Kish, Mississippi and everything that flows into them. If any one gets more posts than the others, I'll give it it's own forum.
pezdek1
Type in the middle number (1118): 630

April 27 Mazon River Late Report

Post by pezdek1 »

Sorry for the late report, been busy lately. I fished the Mazon River with my Dad and brother this morning from 5:30am – Noon. The river was at 260CFS with 4+ feet of visibility. We fished the stretch further up river from the spillway this time. There’s lots of good water and riffles, pools, and runs. Between the three of us we managed 30-35 smallies and one rock bass, with 10 of the smallies in the 10-16 inch range. Most fish caught on 1/8oz jigs with white twisters. Fishing got slower after it turned into bluebird skies. Morning cloud cover provided for some great fishing early on. Will be out again next week provided weekend rain doesn’t raise the river too much. Here are the pics from the outing.

This fish has some very awesome coloring!

Was a great day, beautiful morning, and another outing in the books with my Dad. All four outings in April I was able to get him out with me, so it was a successful month IMO. May is only going to bring better weather, and better fishing!