This I Believe...Seeking the Reason

I know a lot of writers. I hope I can get them to participate. I know they heavily edit what they say to match their audience. Here you don't have to do that. Say what you really want in the way you really want to say it. Add a link to your blog, put in tons of pictures, whatever you need to do.
NinaG

This I Believe...Seeking the Reason

Post by NinaG »

It’s a sharp, shooting powerful pain, like a gunshot wound to the heart. Soon though, calmness will pulse through the body and take over the soul, but under one condition; moving on. It may be hard at times but I believe that everything happens for a reason, however, we cannot discover that reason until we decide to move on, to move past the pain.
Moving on does not mean forgetting, it does not mean ignoring either, it simply means channeling all of the hurt and the pain into something constructive like a project, or a good deed for another. I know that when something bad happens to me I turn to God and say, “Why me? Why did this have to happen to me now?” We all seek the reasons for why things happen to us one way or another, and we do not realize what it takes to discover those reasons. What it comes down to is moving on. We can claim that we have “moved on” until we are blue in the face but it’s not until we truly, truly move on that the reason for God’s actions will be revealed.
One week and 4 days ago a tragedy took place at Northern Illinois University. Five students were shot and killed in a geology class before the gunman shot and killed himself. I am sure that the parents of those students killed at NIU are experiencing that “shot to the heart” today, sitting in their homes trying to figure out the reason this happened. This pain they are feeling may continue even 5 years and 4 days after these shootings but it will get better eventually if they figure out what they need to do. God does not give us the power to move on and forgive for nothing. He knows that it takes a long time, but He also knows that it is possible. He has a plan for everyone, a reason for everything that happens and He is willing to share that reason with us in exchange for the simple act of moving on. The parents, the sisters and brothers, the friends of those who were killed will find that reason soon, they will move on and find a way to honor those that died. The students killed are sitting, just waiting for their families to move on so they can finally help them to realize why this happened, why God chose to end the life of their baby, their son or daughter.
. The deceased, both from this tragedy and all others around the world, do not want their families and loved ones to sit and dwell on their death; they want them to move on, to do something in their memory, to seek the reason.
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Re: This I Believe...Seeking the Reason

Post by Ken G »

I love the idea behind this one, but you let the sentence structure get away from you. Go read the comment I made on your other story and do what I suggested on this one. See what happens.

You'll see what I mean.

I hope, as each decade goes by, you can keep this idea alive for yourself.
You'll see how hard that becomes.

More stories please.
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com