4/22/10 Fox River

From the Wisconsin border to the Illinois River, some of the best and easily accessible fishing in the Chicago area.
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

4/22/10 Fox River

Post by Ken G »

I'm loving these days that don't end till after 8 PM. I get to fish for a bit after work. I work too far away.

There should have been a shot of a nice sized catfish here, but it got loose while I was trying to figure out an interesting way to take the picture. This all happened in the first 15 minutes. I still had over an hour on the water. Except for one more smallie that came loose about 20 feet from me, that was it. I hate being teased like that, especially when things look as good as they did.

I keep trying to get a picture of this these bug hatches that are going on every day, but you try to shoot a swarm of bugs.

Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com
Bogie

Re: 4/22/10 Fox River

Post by Bogie »

Finally got out Saturday about noon for a couple of hours. With the water rising I figured work could wait. Picked up five nice fish - most near shore with one 18" beauty that I caught in about a foot of water. I took a few semi-lame pics with my phone but I haven't figured out how to download in the proper resolution :oops: Help!
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Post by Ken G »

Bogie wrote:Finally got out Saturday about noon for a couple of hours. With the water rising I figured work could wait. Picked up five nice fish - most near shore with one 18" beauty that I caught in about a foot of water. I took a few semi-lame pics with my phone but I haven't figured out how to download in the proper resolution :oops: Help!
Where were you fishing?

I use Photoshop so I don't know how else to describe this.
You want the final image size to be 6 inches X 8 inches at 72 ppi. Or smaller but not by much. Always 72 ppi no matter how the image measures in inches.
Anything other than Photoshop and I don't know much. Can't know everything I guess.
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com
pezdek1
Type in the middle number (1118): 630

Post by pezdek1 »

Very easy way to adjust pic size is download a program called PixResizer. When you install it, open it up and take a look at it. It's very simple. Hit Load Picture, make sure "Custom Size" is checked and make sure it says "600 x 450" in there, which I believe it is defaulted to. Also make sure that "Maintain Aspect Ratio" is checked. Hit save, choose your location, and save the pic. These pics come out looking pretty good, and it's a very fast/simple way to resize pics for this site.
Bogie

Post by Bogie »

Thanks for the info. I will try it when I get time. I was fishing at Saw-we-kee.
Bogie

Post by Bogie »

OK. After many attempts, this is the best I can do. I was fishing at Saw Wee Kee park on Saturday as the river was on the rise (just under 2,000cfs). This first fish came from the middle of a group of feeding carp in an eddy,
CIMG0017 (380 x 508).jpg
the next one was in a foot of water next to a large rock. I think I hit him in the head because the strike was immediate and violent. Picked up 5 in two hours all out of the main current.
CIMG0015 a(380 x 508).jpg
These pics were sized through Pixresizer as suggested. Maybe next time I'll bring a real camera instead of my phone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pezdek1
Type in the middle number (1118): 630

Post by pezdek1 »

There ya go Bogie. Pics look good. Pix Resizer is pretty simple, but very effective for adjusting the pic size. Nice fish!