7/25/09 Fox River Les Arends

From the Wisconsin border to the Illinois River, some of the best and easily accessible fishing in the Chicago area.
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

7/25/09 Fox River Les Arends

Post by Ken G »

I seem to have not taken many pictures. None of fish. But then I only caught 2, missed 12.

Don't know how I did that. Must have been day dreaming.

These two live on the island and were heading across the river to the rest of the preserve soon after I got on the water.

The undercut bank on this tree has a hole next to it over 3 feet deep. Always held fish in the past. Today, nothing.

I liked the colors.

They are letting practically all of Gregory Island Park at Indian Trail Road go back to the wild. This used to be a relatively neat manicured lawn. The rest of the island has tall plants from the edge of the parking lot to the edge of the river. One benefit, far fewer people.

Did come across a lawn care service illegally filling their water tank by pumping water out of the Fox. Pumping water out of the Fox requires a permit and considering where they were doing it, I'm sure they didn't have one. Wasn't up for the argument so I didn't even bother taking a picture. Not sure I even care anymore.
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com
Fishin Musician

Re: 7/25/09 Fox River Les Arends

Post by Fishin Musician »

Last comment from me today... Everybody should care when the river is getting raped!!! I have all the Dnr. Special numbers and have yet have one to show up when I have called. In there defense they have ALWAYS returned my call and told me they would keep a watch in the future for illegal antics.... Not much we can do but don't YOU give up!!! Please, Thanks kevin
I am Kevin Summers and I have a Fishin Addiction....