6/28 Somonauk and Big Rock

From the Wisconsin border to the Illinois River, some of the best and easily accessible fishing in the Chicago area.
MattC

6/28 Somonauk and Big Rock

Post by MattC »

Had the pleasure to fish Somonauk Creek with Ken and his daughter Nina. Fishing was very slow with just a couple fish caught between all of us, a white bass, a couple smallies, and Ken had on a larger fish that came unbuttoned which might have been a drum. The water was a good level but was murky which probably had something to do with the lack of success. All in all i had a good time and the weather was beautiful

Ken and Nina had to leave around 11:30 so he offered to show me a spot on Big Rock to fish. The water condition was much better there with good visibility. I only ended up fishing for about 45 minutes but i wish i had some more time. I really enjoyed that stretch on the Big Rock, some beautiful areas with some even fishier looking spots. I came away with 2 smallies and a largemouth. Nothing of size but it doesnt matter. Here a couple pics.

You can never fish the same river twice, by the time you get back it's not the same river.
Matt
Dan
Asshole
Type in the middle number (1118): 630

Re: 6/28 Somonauk and Big Rock

Post by Dan »

Nice.
Ken G
antispam: No
Type in the middle number (1118): 1118

Re: 6/28 Somonauk and Big Rock

Post by Ken G »

I got a few more pics I'll put up when I have time.

Here's one.

Had a great time Matt.

Glad you liked that other spot. Of course I recognize the backgrounds. :D
You're not kidding about the water clarity difference. Now why the hell would Somanauk be so muddy? They're practically right next to each other. I guess we should have gone there all morning.

Went out to Little Rock for an hour and a half today, got a bonus 18 inch smallie.

More on that later too.
Ken G
Stand still like the hummingbird.
http://www.waterdogjournal.com
http://kengortowski.com